Multivitamin & mineral supplement linked to less-severe illness
42 healthy people ages 55 to 75 - illness symptoms were less severe and went away faster than those experienced by the placebo group.
The multivitamin supplement used in the study focused on vitamins and minerals typically thought to help immunity:
- 700 micrograms of vitamin A
- 400 international units of vitamin D
- 45 milligrams of vitamin E
- 6.6 milligrams of vitamin B6
- 400 micrograms of folate
- 9.6 micrograms of vitamin B12
- 1,000 milligrams of vitamin C
- 5 milligrams of iron
- 0.9 milligrams of copper
- 10 milligrams of zinc
- 110 micrograms of selenium
From a nutritional perspective, it would be interesting to see if the same effects can be seen from a switch to WFPB foods, over a similar time scale.