COVID-19: history, treatments, the future
Topic starter 14 July 2020 22:33
Dr Greger's COVID-19 webinar - long detailed article, starting with the history of coronaviruses and moving on to discussing symptoms and treatments for COVID-19. How will the current pandemic likely end?
Latest set of Dr Greger's COVID-19 videos >>
- How to Prevent the Next Pandemic?
- The COVID-19 Pandemic May Just Be a Dress Rehearsal - There may be an even deadlier pandemic threat waiting in the wings…of chickens.
- How COVID-19 Ends: Vaccination, Mutations, and Herd Immunity - What should we expect in the coming months and years with SARS-CoV-2?
- The Best Mask or DIY Face Covering for COVID-19: Twenty different materials put to the test.
- What to Do if You Come Down With COVID-19. Can pets like cats and dogs get infected and be infectious?
- Hand Washing & Sanitizing to Inactivate COVID-19 Coronavirus. Recipes for DIY hand sanitizer and surface disinfectant for SARS-CoV-2.
- How to Avoid COVID-19. How long can the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus survive on surfaces like paper?
- Would Zinc Lozenges Help with COVID-19? Zinc may help slow the replication of other coronaviruses, but what about SARS-CoV-2?
- The Immune System and COVID-19 Treatment. Are there immune-boosting foods we should be eating?
- Modifiable Risk Factors and Comorbidities for Severe COVID-19 Infection. There are things you can do right now to reduce your risk of falling seriously ill and dying from this disease.
- COVID-19 Symptoms vs. the Flu, a Cold, or Allergies. What does the clinical course of COVID-19 look like for both those who survive and those who don’t
- Social Distancing, Lockdowns, & Testing: How to Slow the COVID-19 Pandemic. What can we learn from other countries and the 1918 pandemic to slow COVID-19?
- R0 and Incubation Periods: How Other Coronavirus Outbreaks Were Stopped. Why can’t we stop COVID-19 like we stopped SARS and MERS, the other two 21st century coronavirus outbreaks?
- The Last Coronavirus Pandemic May Have Been Caused by Livestock. The next coronavirus pandemic may come from pigs not pangolins.
- Where Did the COVID-19 Coronavirus Come From? The role wet markets, wildlife trafficking, and pangolins have played in the emergence of SARS-CoV-2.
- The SARS Coronavirus and Wet Markets. The role live animal markets and the trade in exotic animals have played in the emergence of deadly coronavirus outbreaks.
- Where Do Deadly Coronaviruses Like MERS-CoV Come From? In the last 17 years, there have been three new deadly coronavirus epidemics, but where do emerging diseases emerge from?
- Pandemics: History & Prevention. How to treat the cause by preventing the emergence of pandemic viruses in the first place.